I’m a procrastination expert. Putting off what I need to do until tomorrow is what I do best. Grocery Shopping? Tomorrow. Call my sister? Tomorrow. Fold the laundry? Tomorrow. Vacuum and dust? Well, you get the picture.
Some things, like blog posts, get put off for many tomorrows.
I try to compensate, making lists and planning things out in my bullet journal, but then I have to be sure to look at the lists and read my bullet journal a few times a day to stay on track. I put that off, too. Tomorrow, tomorrow…
Things I Put Off
If I had to list the things that I put off most often, the list would look like this:
- Cleaning chores, like dusting and vacuuming (We have a Roomba!)
- Cleaning out spaces, like closets and drawers.
- Decluttering and disposing of things we no longer need or use.
- Errands, like grocery shopping, post office, or bank.
- Big projects, like choosing new kitchen appliances or clearing out/ reorganizing the basement.
- Paperwork and writing tasks are often on my “Things Left Undone” list until a deadline looms.
What About My Office?
Things to sort and sell are piling up in my office these days, waiting for their photo shoot and sales pitch. I have collectable plates, Barbies, cookbooks, jewelry making supplies, old computer equipment, and more. Soon, I’ll be making paths. I’m joking – it’s not that bad. Yet. And I am working on it. Really. Keep checking Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, or OfferUp for my postings (local pick up only – no shipping). They’ll show up soon. Maybe tomorrow.